From the beginning of Cardano’s Shelley era, your ADA coins could be delegated to a stake pool to earn new ADA as staking rewards. This tutorial is to show ADA holders how to delegate their ADA to a stake pool.
1 - Plug in your Trezor, enter PIN and visit trezor.io Wallet
2 - You will be reminded to upgrade your firmware to version 2.3.2 or greater
3 - Follow steps to upgrade on your screen. Unplug then replug and confirm
Staking with Ledger Live
1 - Go to adalite.io
2 - Choose “Continue to ADALite”
3 - Choose “Hardware Wallet”
4 - Choose “Unlock with Trezor”
5 - Public keys should be allowed to read from your Trezor device. On the adalite website, choose “Allow once for this session” - then choose “Export”
6 - Choose “Convert to stakable” to convert your balance to a Shelley Wallet in casse you had ADA before Shelley. Then check again and choose “Confirm Transaction” and confirm it on your Trezor.
7 - You can now choose a stake pool.
8 - Copy and paste the ID from the desired pool you wish to delegate to in the Delegate Section.
It would be our pleasure to have your delegation.
Our pool ticker is SND and here is our pool ID: 66b6d414db2f4ef941ef11a91c6a7d461d4dbf65f3e7baec950d87f2
9 - Double check the delegation, choose “Delegate” and confirm transaction on your Trezor.
Tips and stricks
- Staked funds still remain in your wallet. Staking ADA does not mean you send it away.
- You can transfer your ADA anytime you want during staking time.
- You will be taken a 2 ADA deposit for delegating. This will be returned to you when you decide to undelegate your stake.
- You don’t have to leave your wallets open to stake ADA.
- Rewards multiply with the power of compounding
- Additional ADA will be added up to your current staking and is automatically delegated.
- You just need 10 ADA to start a delegation.